People often wonder if they should volunteer for the children’s ministry so I thought I would share excerpts from this article I read about volunteering for the Children’s Ministry.
1. Children are important to God.I don’t know about you, but I want to serve in ways that matter most to God. There is no question about God’s attitude toward children. The Bible tells us that kids are a blessing from God. While Jesus was on earth, he made a point to welcome children and to affirm their value...Make no mistake, kids matter to God.
2. Serving in Children’s Ministry multiplies your efforts long-term.When you love and teach kids this Sunday, you are also influencing generations to come. These children will one day become parents and church leaders themselves.
3. Reaching children should be a top priority for the church.It’s been proven that most people who will come to Christ do so when they are young. The childhood years are the years of greatest opportunity for the Gospel. Unfortunately, many churches don’t make the most of what God has given them.
4. Serving children will build humility into your character.Too often, those who work hard in the church nursery or Sunday school are not given credit for their service. While this can be discouraging, I think it’s a blessing in disguise. Like so many other acts of service done quietly, the rewards come in heaven.
5. Serving kids will make you a more patient person.Children’s Ministry is unpredictable and even the best plans can be torpedoed by a disruptive child. This is another blessing in disguise, working with kids will teach you patience.
6. The #1 qualification is love.God wants you to find a place of ministry. Serving in the Children’s Ministry is open to almost all Christians. If you love God and his children, then there are many different ways for you to help.