As exciting as I about my new office, I have to admit, I’m even more excited about what this means in regards to the building. Progress is being made! The building is being used! I’m so excited, and I’m not the only one. While working with many of you over the past month on the new building, I heard a lot of the same comments about how happy you are to see something happening at the building. There is this great sense of ownership and accomplishment. All of your hard work is a reminder that this is our building. Not just mine or Rick’s, but all of ours. We’ve been cleaning, painting, pouring concrete, and even more. We’re using the building:
• Just last weekend we had fundraiser in the parking lot.
• The YTHGRP has been meeting for about a month in their space.
• This week the Prayer Group started meeting.
• The New Believer’s Class is being held in the conference room.
• This weekend we are moving into the office space.
Admittedly, I had my times of frustration and doubt over the past five months, as I’m sure many of you have as well. I wanted to rush in and force this building to happen. What has become apparent to me is that we need to be patient for God’s timing. This is also His building and He has a plan. We simply need to wait for Him. Today, join me in celebrating the peace of God that comes when we trust and wait.